Avoid Putting Any Hair Colour In Your Hair After A Hair Transplant
It is perfectly safe to color your hair up to the time of your hair transplant, but following the procedure, you should wait at least one month before applying hair dye again. Because your hair transplants are still in the process of taking root, the chemicals may be harmful to them while they are still fragile.
Is It Possible To Recover Without Scarring?
In short, it is possible to heal from a hair transplant with minor scarring– depending on the type of method you had. During a Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) transplant procedure, we extract follicular units from the back and sides of the scalp one-by-one using a punch device that is one millimeter in diameter and a head positioning device that is intended to limit movement. Patients are able to totally avoid the more noticeable linear scar that is often associated with “strip” harvesting of the donor region when they have FUE performed. Scarring instead develops in a dot-like pattern and is nearly unnoticeable once the wound has healed and new skin has grown back.
Due to the fact that patients will have little scarring, they will be able to keep their hair very short without giving away the fact that they have had surgery.
Recovery Time Following The FUE Procedure
Because a FUE procedure leaves behind less scarring in the donor location, the recovery process is significantly accelerated in comparison to that of other transplant procedures. It shouldn’t take more than a few days before you can go back to your usual activities and routine, including going to work.
However, it is necessary for the patient to exercise caution and care in order to hasten the healing process as much as possible. Your recovery might be unduly slowed down if you adhere to the post-operative directions given to you by your doctor and steer clear of activities that could compromise the way in which your body naturally heals itself.
In addition to the particular instructions given to you by your surgeon, the following are some general strategies to speed up the healing of your donor area:
- After your procedure, you should abstain from drinking alcohol for at least three days.
- Staying away hot from meals for at least a week to avoid perspiration.
- Within the first three days after surgery, you should not run, bike, or lift weights. A minimum of one week should also pass without you engaging in strenuous activity or carrying heavy objects.
- It is recommended that you do not wash your hair for at least twenty-four hours following the surgery.
- Try to go as long as you can without brushing your hair, and try to go at least a week without using any hot styling equipment.