Miami FUE Recovery
One of the best ways to ensure you’re all set to go after your Miami FUE procedure is to run through our handy checklist. We’ve gathered a few of the essential items you’ll need and reminders that will help keep you safe post-treatment. When preparing yourself and your home in the weeks ahead of your exciting transformation, keep the following tips in mind:
- Purchase a soft sponge and gentle shampoo recommended by your surgeon. We’ll show you how to properly wash and rinse your scalp in the first week and these supplies will help.
- Antibiotic ointment. Many hair transplant surgeons recommend applying antibiotic ointment to the scalp for the first few days after FUE in Miami. It helps prevent infection, but also soothes, softens and creates a barrier over sensitive scabs.
- An airplane pillow. It can be tricky to get comfortable while sleeping after FUE treatments because the donor site at the back of the head will be sensitive, and so will the crown. You can utilize a neck pillow to offload pressure on the scalp and help you rest at ease.
- Prop up the head of your bed. You can elevate head and shoulders with a stack of pillows, but often raising the entire mattress at the top end provides better back support. The elevation helps keep swelling down for the first 7 – 10 days.
- Take your prescribed medication and pain medication as directed. Many people find they don’t need much medicine or only use it at night, but there’s no need to suffer for the sake of avoiding it. Proper pain management will help you sleep well, feel energized and positive throughout your recovery.
- Remember to avoid alcohol and any health supplements not approved by your hair transplant surgeon. Certain ingredients can lead to bleeding issues in the early days after FUE in Miami.